The World According to YodaBeesh

Monday, June 12, 2006

YodaBeesh has caught World Cup Fever

Yes. You read correctly. YB is watching World Cup 2006. (This may fall under "things you never knew about YodaBeesh.")


I've always liked soccer (aka 'football) since I was in little league. Its a fun sport and great to watch. Its good "background noise" to have on the tube instead of say, CNN or Headline News. Plus, my German vocabulary is growing exponentially by the hour (all commentary on Setanta -- the 24 hr world cup network is in German.)

Things I like about soccer:
  • Its a global sport and is a nice distraction from the news.
  • I've always thought it to be a very elegant and refined sport (much like myself... hehehe).
  • I understand it a lot better than American Football, that's for sure.
  • "Footballers" are hot. My particular favorites are the German and Dutch teams. WOOF.
For those of you who want to "catch the fever" here are some great resources:

2006 World Cup Basics - this is a MUST READ for those who want to understand how the whole thing is structured (how these countries made it to this stage, etc)
NYT World Cup Central - great analysis, stats, updates, and blogs on here
Setanta Sports - If you feel like watching soccer 24/7, then call up DirecTV and ask for this channel. Its only $11.99 for one month.
The Official FIFA World Cup website and Goal.com are great resources as well

Just finished watching the AUS/JPN game... AUS whooped ass (3-1). It seemed like the Aussies woke up at the end of the match! I thought JPN was gonna win...

US vs. Czech Republic at noon...!

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home