The World According to YodaBeesh

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Part II: Advice for the Shoe-Whore from a SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT!

So I think that I've decided to go with #2 below, the Tsubo Sycorax BWG.


I did a search on the Tsubo website to find a local retailer and came across a fab store called CARBON, located on 12th & U St NW.



I perused their online collection, and they only had the Tsubos in Black (in addition to many more variations), but I do have to say that they have an overall GREAT selection of shoes and accessories, so definitely check it out, either online or if you're in the 'hood. I'm definitely loving the belts.

Anyway, I digress.

I sent an email early this morning to the owner asking if perhaps he had the pair of Tsubos that I yearned (perhaps he hadn't posted them online!) He promptly responded with a very informative email! Read on:

Ed,
Thanks for the note. I have tried to make the store laid back and interesting. I hope you continue to enjoy. Also, if you visit, and your experience is not good, PLEASE tell me.. I would rather not loose CARBON's edge!

On the shoe note. I do not have that style. BUT! I think we can help each other. I peer into designer's "what's next" crystal ball a bit and can relay to you what is cooking for your blog. For example, I did not buy the style you want, because the Sycorax is being phased out for what is called the Bombic - a very cool update of the Sycorax, but with a tounge and subtle design modifications... I will have those in the next week or two.

Also, I went to your blog, and I would also ask you to consider, if you really like the unique, to replace your Madden's, possibly with Blackstone. A great life style shoe that can be dressed up or down with jeans. ALSO, Mark Nason, a high end Italian designer just came out with "Lounge" a mix between Italian detail and European trainers. A great update on the "trainer" look, with detail that puts these shoes in their own category. Anyway... Hope you can swing by and check them out.

Best,

Kevin Powers
CARBON
1203 U ST NW
Washington, DC 20009
202.986.2679



Now, Beeshes... THAT is what I call CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Anywhoie, my next move is to play wait-and-see. I am intrigued by this new line of Tsubo Bombics so I'll wait for them to come into Carbon so I can try them on. In the meanwhile, I will also peruse Kevin's other suggestions.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home