The World According to YodaBeesh

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Project of the Week, Part IV: THE FINALE.

I don't know if "labor of love" is an accurate description of this past week, but I can definitely say that I finished my home office re-design as of this afternoon. There are still some more lil' things here and there that I need to touch up (re-mount pics, spackle, touch-ups with paint, etc), but for all intents and purposes, this job is done. UGH.

You may recall the before pics. I didn't have couch pics in my previous posting, but many of you may have seen my office or crashed on the fold-out sofabed:


This couch and too many components (AV system, a cabinet, and desk) took up alot of space. Since I spend so much time in this room, I found it to be cluttered and tight. I hated subjecting guests to the sofabed.

And of course, you may recall the "during" picture, when I tore the office apart. (You can see a pic of the disaster zone here from a previous posting.)

Anywhoie... here are the long awaited AFTER pics (you should be able to click on any of the following pics to get a full-sized picture):

Desk and storage (still looking a lil' cramped to some, but it works for me.) You get bonus points if you can spot Tintin, Snowy the dog, Nemo, and Dorrie. That "torso" you see in the desk area is my 2006 Robbie Williams calendar.

Armchair and Ottoman (traded the couch for something more compact and cushy.) Only $200 on CRAIGSLIST and its Storehouse! :-) I need to lower the pics a little bit, I think. They are still the original height pre-re-design... Someday I'll look into a new slipcover.


TV and AV System. Yes, that is a BEAR ottoman in the corner. You may have seen them in Caribou Coffee. My nephew likes it, so it stays. Its my hommage to "BEARS."

That's all for now! I have lots of reflections on this week which I will share in my next posting.

Ciao!
YodaBEESH

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home