The World According to YodaBeesh

Monday, May 29, 2006

Missing: My favorite pair of RayBans


I was kinda sad yesterday as I came to the conclusion that I lost my favorite pair of Ray Bans (see pic.)

I'm sure that I forgot them at Tony's Pizza on Thursday night. I called there yesterday (MB and I were in Johnstown for a couple of days so I didn't have a chance to do a decent search) but no one had turned them in to the lost and found :-(

Ordinarily, I would jump at the prospect of buying a brand new pair of sunglasses, but this pair has some odd sentimental value.

I bought them Fall 2003 in Gran Canaria as I stupidly forgot to bring sunglasses with me on our holiday. These shades were with me everyday since then (except for one brief period when I didn't realize that I left them at my neighbor's house... she returned them months later after figuring out that they were mine.)

I've beaten the crap out of this pair, accidentally scratched the lenses, and have bent the arms. The tips of the arms that go over the ears look like they've been chewed by a rat (me.) I guess you could say that the RayBans were my version of Old Faithful or Yeller.

I'm not thrilled (as one would typically expect of me) to buy another pair of sunglasses as I can say that I really loved the RayBans. I was very proud of the fact that I held on to them for 3+ years and didn't replace them (as I typically do with other products.)

Geez... who'd think I'd write such a sappy lament on a pair of sunglasses. I hope that the f**ker that has them now treats them well.

My poor poor RayBans.

7 Comments:

  • so..sorry I feel your pain...

    By Blogger Just telling it like it is, at Monday, May 29, 2006 9:43:00 AM  

  • Thank you gentle reader. It pains me to replace them. Now I'll have to go to Sunglass Hut and try on different ones. I'm already thinking about Oakley wire-frames... I think that there is an Oakley store in the Tysons Galleria.

    By Blogger YodaBeesh, at Monday, May 29, 2006 9:49:00 AM  

  • Beesh, sorry about your lost pair, how about Maui-Jim, they are hot. Why not get a pair of those?

    xoxo,
    KB

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, May 29, 2006 11:12:00 AM  

  • Thanks for the suggestion, Beesh. I never really considered wearing Maui Jim sunglasses before (granted, I've never checked them out.) I always thought that they were meant for old snowbird retirees. I'm not at that stage of my life just yet.

    By Blogger YodaBeesh, at Monday, May 29, 2006 11:19:00 AM  

  • Great you lost them, this gives you a reason to switch to a stylish brand... (And Oakley does NOT belong to that group, my dear Yoda.)

    The maximum in style you get with Oliver Peoples. (OP was just bought by Oakley, what a pitty, hope they don't change their design now...).
    For the best lenses, Maui Jim is the brand.
    And if you need a bit of Italianita to spike up your life, go for Briko.

    Hope that helps...

    Your SwissMiss

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, May 29, 2006 11:19:00 AM  

  • I will take your suggestions into consideration. You see, here in the United States, we have very different brands at Sunglass Hut. A little factoid: all of the glasses that you see in the new XMen movie are Oakley (not just Cyclops' ruby quartz glasses.) I personally like the Oakley wire frames.

    By Blogger YodaBeesh, at Monday, May 29, 2006 11:42:00 AM  

  • FYI to all concerned... in the meanwhile, I am temporarily wearing a pair of Dolce & Gabbana's.

    Not exactly the best for cycling or running... (sob) Plus, they are brown lenses with dark brown frames. It limits my wardrobe and I CAN'T HAVE THAT.

    By Blogger YodaBeesh, at Monday, May 29, 2006 12:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home