The World According to YodaBeesh

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Happy Hump Day -- Today's News of the Weird



And in this morning's news...

You know, it sucks that the Gulf Coast hasn't even recovered from last year's disaster... which doesn't give much of a vote of confidence for this upcoming hurricane season. Shall we start placing bets on the mass destruction for this coming summer.....?

Read on: Hurricane drill in Louisiana canceled (AP 05242006)
(p.s. Hurricane Season officially starts June 1!)
_______________________________

I received lots of great commentary re. luggage yesterday. And on that note, I've included a nice vignette on "what-not-to-do" on an airplane. Read on:

Man Jailed For Allegedly Urinating In Airplane Aisle, Lighting Cigarette (AP 05232006)

I mean, really... if you're going to pull a stunt on an airplane, don't do it on one that is inbound for WASHINGTON DC.
_______________________________

A special nod to our friends overseas... Ever heard of the Eurovision contest? Of course not. We're too focused on Taylor vs. Katherine these days, so its a completely forgivable offense. I suppose one could think of it as the European predecessor to all things "Idol", and has been running for over 50 years now. Anywhoie, congrats to FINLAND's entry, Lordi, for winning this year. And I quote:

A Finnish "horror rock" group who dress in monster costumes have pulled off a surprise win at the 51st Eurovision Song Contest in Athens.


Read on: Finnish monsters rock Eurovision (BBC 05212006) (yes, slightly dated, but news travels slowly across the Big Pond...)

_______________________________

Besides trans-fats and other not-so-healthy things for your body, yet another reason to not eat McDonalds. (Though I do admit that I do have an occasional Quarter Pounder as a cheat).

Read on: Here's your grenade -- you want fries with that? (Reuters 05222006)

_______________________________

Sometimes I wonder, what does it take to be an AP reporter? I mean, can I just find any random piece of news and submit it for a paycheck?

Anywhoie, here is a prime example of news reporting at its absolute nadir (well, I can't say its the "nadir", as I've read more pointless reporting...) I suppose that all young reporters have to start somewhere.

Read on: Husband, Wife, Child Share Same Birthday (AP 05232006)

I'd expect this kind of stuff from The Onion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home