The World According to YodaBeesh

Friday, September 30, 2005

Government Propaganda? Give me a break....



I came across an extremely disturbing article in the NYT which you really need to read for yourselves:

Audit Assails the White House for Public Relations Spending (NYT 09302005)

I honestly DON'T know what to say... I can see budgeting and spending for outreach campaigns to inform the general public about new policy initiatives, but the tactics that they've taken (in this article, education and Medicare are specifically mentioned) reek of "The Corporation."

These are the kind of slimy, icky, yet incredibly effective strategies that I have seen so successfully implemented in pharmaceutical and consumer product marketing. Ugh... and we're paying for it out of our own pockets!

2 Comments:

  • Tale of two government websites
    Both Jefferson and Orleans Parishes were severely affected by Katrina and the ensuing floods.
    Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

    I have a easy biscuit recipe site/blog. It pretty much covers recipe related stuff.

    Come and check it out if you get time :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, September 30, 2005 8:35:00 PM  

  • Hail to the WHAT? Bring back J. Michael Curley.
    That's two of my least favorites giving the GOP secret sign, the " Christian Right Wing Salute ", to supporters.
    Hey, good stuff!

    I have a remove bad credit site. It pretty much covers remove bad credit related stuff.
    Check it out later :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, September 30, 2005 8:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home