The World According to YodaBeesh

Monday, May 22, 2006

Morning Musings: My Life as a Cartoon

So, here I sit at my desk,... f**king FREEZING this morning (what's up with that?)

Last night was KMK's 40th bday dinner, so we went out for a very posh (and well-deserved) dinner at Capital Grille in honor of KMK. (Special shout-out to KMK... happy 40th!)

Anyways, I'm sitting among friends and loved ones... all in the business of being "billable", exchanging stories, and so on. RB made a curious remark to me and said, "You truly are Dilbert," in reference to my very interesting work-life balance. (I get that quite a lot, actually)



I woke up this morning thinking abt what RB said, and decided I'm actually not like Dilbert. The problem with Dilbert is that he allows himself to be victimized. Whether it be by the Pointy-Haired Boss, Dogbert, Catbert, the Garbage Man... whomever.

Don't get me wrong, I love Dilbert.

I feel that I transcend him and have learned many lessons from the poor suffering soul. The top lesson I've learned from Dilbert: Don't allow yourself to become the victim.

That tends to be my first words of advice to young, spry, eager professionals who've just come out of school. They never understand until its too late (as did I...)

If anything, I probably resonate more with DOGBERT (except he does make more office appearances than I do...)


Coincidentally, I did write a nice letter to Scott Adams a few weeks ago to pitch the idea of a book to him. No response (yet.) He may be busy with his burrito business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home