The World According to YodaBeesh

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Day 4 - Fried Devices and Fried Food

Fried Devices
I have no idea how, but I've managed to fry my only USB storage key. I'm sure it has to do with the voltage differences here (220v here vs. 110v in the US). The USB key gets its power from the computers... ok, I'm done speculating as to the cause. Anyhow, I need to go buy a replacement as I need to download a Filipino-English DICTIONARY. Stupid me. I'm kind of surprising myself... I at least know enough tagalog to function in a mall.

Thank God I'm in a country of mass produced generic electronic devices. I should be able to pick up a USB storage key for mere pesos from any vendor.

Fried Food
So, I made a pledge to eat well and exercise while I'm here. The eating-well part will be quite the challenge. Everything here is fried or is slathered in some fattening sauce. And its a lil' difficult to make sure I get my fresh veggies as most of the cooked veggies are unidentifiable to the eye. I eat them anyways.

Oh, and everything is served with rice. Its all good as I love rice. Just have to watch how much of it I consume. Luckily, I'm walking all over the place, so I think I've been burning off some of the carb calories.

For your amusement, my dinner last night was a local dish called "Bopis" (finely chopped pork heart and lung), a veggie chop-suey with squid tentacles and quail eggs, and of course, rice :-)

I've found a great place that makes Iced Americanos (personal fave of mine)... a coffee chain called San Francisco Coffee. Reminds me of Seattle's Best. I digress. Next door to the coffee shop is some restaurant that actually has SALADS (salads do not exist in the Philippines.) I think I'll be having a nice caesar salad for lunch. I need my greens!

Still trying to resolve my stupid phone situation. I really hate Cingular for making my life difficult.

Love,
Ed

2 Comments:

  • good luck with cingular. They pulled the same crap with me, and despite me explaining how I don't live where they have service, and how I paid my money for a device that I can no longer use, they told me "well you're the one who decided to move."
    at which point i told the girl some not very nice things to do to herself.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, August 04, 2006 9:42:00 AM  

  • I cannot believe you didn't email me about your cingular woes. Get the damned thing unlocked. I had to to it when I had the 8125.
    By the way, I dropped my new Nokia E61 in the toilet at the gay bookstore.
    DEAD.
    That's okay, cause this bitch bought the warranty and it covers water damage!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, August 05, 2006 11:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home