The World According to YodaBeesh

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Day 1 - Dispatches from the LAX AA Lounge

So here I am in the American Airlines lounge at LAX.

First leg of the flight was rather uneventful. I got to hang out with my old high school bud Terry, his mom, and Baby Teagan (so cute) in Santa Monica. I am grateful to them for saving me from the drudgery of the airport. It was a nice bonus to see Terry as it had been too long since last we saw one another. Watching Teagan play in the park in SM was very chill and relaxing.

I really need to spend more quality time in LA other than using the airport as a portal to the Pacific.

So I have to admit, I pulled some snobbery tonight.

WhenI returned to the airport I checked in with Philippine Airlines. The attendant directed me to the "Mabuhay Lounge" in the terminal, where I could hang out until my flight at 23:00. To quote my favorite movie Best in Show, it was a shitbox. No wireless. It small and claustrophobic, and there was no way I could stay sane in there for 5 hours. So, I said f**k it, left, and made a bee-line for the American Lounge.

And here I am.

My PAL flight is delayed. The original departure time was 22:00. Apparently someone had a heart attack on the in-bound flight at take off from MNL, and the plane turned back. Luckily, its only delayed for 1 hour... so new take off time is at 23:00.

BTW... I hope that you guys don't mind my using "military time." I just find that its an easier reference for me with all of these timezones.

Just remember... 12:00= noon, so just subtract 12.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home