The World According to YodaBeesh

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Oh those crazy Pakis!

So's I was reading the online NYT and came across this article (its currently the "most-emailed" on NYT). I figured, "hey, if people are emailing it to their buds, it must be good..."




Raped, Kidnapped and Silenced (NYT 061405)

No wonder the Pakistan government can't catch Osama bin Laden. It is too busy harassing, detaining - and now kidnapping - a gang-rape victim for daring to protest and for planning a visit to the United States.

Crazy. For shizzle.

I took an interest in this article particularly because I'm reading this book called Ghost Wars by Stephen Coll about the secret wars in Afghanistan (the Pakis had a big hand in it), and life under the Taliban regime. Anyhow, I have this picture in my head that all Taliban resemble the "Elbonians" made famous in the Dilbert comic strips:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home