The World According to YodaBeesh

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Happy FLAG DAY, B*tches!

(Sorry abt the gratuitous "b*tches" references... I've been watching a lot of Chappelles Show lately...)




Ah... what a day of patriotism. If this holiday were celebrated in any communist country during the Cold War, it would be akin to say, "May Day", or "<insert date of overthrowing bloody despotic regime> Revolution Day". I love the above pic as well... it just smacks of "Motherland"... or really in our case "Homeland".

Anyhow, some fun facts about Flag Day can be found here:
The History of Flag Day (This website seems to be a teachers' cliffs notes version of the history of Flag Day)
Holiday Insights - Flag Day (For those of you with limited time and prefer bulleted points, this is the place to go

and of course... my all-time favorite:

The National Flag Day Foundation (this just smacks of patriotism, mom's apple pie, and hidden stockpiles of guns in someone's underground bunker...) NOTE: Its a non-profit so all donations are TAX-DEDUCTIBLE (spoken like a true western capitalist).

Now, my challenge to you on this special day: Can you recite the Pledge of Allegiance without cheating?

A special shout-out to my ying-yang Gemini-Twin KLo. Happy Birthday KLO!!!! Oh, and yes, today is YodaBeesh's birthday as well! I'll be turning 953 and hanging out in the swamps of Tattooine. Speaking of which, I need to hustle on my tattoo activities...

Last but not least, a special shout-out to Mr & Mrs. B out in the Badlands (or not-so-badlands) of SD. Happy 36th Anniversary from your son, RAB, and his YodaBeesh. Is there going to be a special anniversary blurb in the Argus City rag? If yes, please scan and forward on so I can post it online. I can't wait to come out to visit!

1 Comments:

  • Happy birthday Beesh!!
    I'll have to contribute for your fund as a present. But I have to see how broad your shoulders really got first ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, June 14, 2005 8:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home