The World According to YodaBeesh

Saturday, March 26, 2005

Shit box of the week: Zimbabwe

A recent travel ad I saw for Zimbabwe:
---------------------
Come! Visit Zimbabwe: we are the Land of Victoria Falls, withered farmlands, high inflation, and no petrol! Please disregard our human rights violations, persecution of homosexuals, lack of white people (we drove them all out last year) and elimination of free press, but most importantly, ENJOY YOUR STAY!
---------------------

(I wake up at 2:10 AM, and so what do I do? Read world affairs.)

So, I saw this article on "elections" occurring in Zimbabwe in the WP. Check out the opposition candidate's pic now because I betcha he ain't gonna be around much longer:

Elections (they use the term so loosely in the third world these days) occur this Thursday so mark your calendars. I betcha that Moyo doesn't make it til then.

I wonder who would go first... Moyo or Terri Schaivo? Hmmm...

Anyhow, some fast facts about Zimbabwe:
  • Formerly known as Rhodesia until 1980 when the blacks overthrew the white man!
  • Ruled by way-harsh dictator Richard Mugabe (hates homos, free press... oh and opposition)
  • Located in Southern Africa and the capital is Harare
  • Airport code for Harare is HRE, and you can get flights there from IAD (Dulles/DC) on a large number of airlines (NW, KLM, Lufthansa, British Airways) starting at $1144 USD!
Definitely a place to keep an eye on for great deals!


(Wow...I would so be arrested if I were in any other country besides the US. God Bless America and Free Speech!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home