The World According to YodaBeesh

Friday, August 18, 2006

Update - Screw it, I'm going to Boracay.

I received an email yesterday from Uli... a German expat down in Boracay that runs a kite boarding school in Boracay: Isla Kite Boarding. We've been corresponding throughout the duration of my trip, and he's kept me abreast of conditions down in Boracay.



Of course, timing is everything. Its typhoon season. An oil tanker went down somewhere in the Visayas and I had no geographic clue how this affected Boracay. So, I pretty much wrote off the trip.

Uli's email assured me that the weather was great, conditions were excellent (in fact, they had been out kite boarding that day), and that the oil spill was of no threat to Boracay. The spill occurred in a different region of Visayas.

He's promised to hook me up at a bungalow in Boracay... $20/night. Bed, AC, and just meters from the beach. Simply amazing. Funny... the name of the place is called Alice in Wonderland. The puddle jumper is only a $100/RT.

And how exactly did I develop this sudden interest in kite boarding? My friend Miche told me about it, and it looks like fun. What more reason does one need? ;-)

Its off-season, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Boracay is empty. I want the whole damn island to myself. And I want to clear my mind, find peace and relaxation.

I'll be there from Aug 27 - Sept 1. Sept 1 will be quite the marathon day... I'll hop on an island flight back to MNL, and then my flight departs later that evening (22:00) for the long haul back to the US. I don't even know what day I arrive in DC.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home