The World According to YodaBeesh

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Day 18 - How Not to Wake Up

I have it figured out now. The stupid karaoke bar in the alley behind my hotel starts up around midnight... and goes until 3 or 4 am.

Tonight was exceptionally horrible.

I was roused from my sleep by the warblings of a Celine Dion wanna-be. One power ballad after another.... this b*tch went through all of Celine's greatest hits, from "The Power of Love" to "Its All Coming Back to Me" to "Because You Loved Me." She really poured her f**king heart and soul into each song. Unfortunately, she did it terribly. It reminded me of the American Idol out-takes.

To coin a phrase from Chappelle's Show, do I need to choke a b*tch?

I got out of bed, opened the shudders and glared down into the alley. The audience sat in the cafe TRANSFIXED. Were they horridly mesmorized by this screeching siren? Did they think that she was actually good?

Who knows.
___________________________

Its early... 05:20. I'm waiting for the rooster to start crowing.

Yesterday morning, a f**king rooster started crowing for what seemed like an eternity at sunrise. This didn't occur on previous hotel stays.

I thought to myself, "I'm in the middle of Manila... why the f**k is there rooster crowing?!" I'd expect something like this in the province. Not in the middle of a major urban city.

Then I thought to myself, "I am in Manila... its probably on this afternoon's menu..."

Go figure.

(The rooster did end up crowing after I finished writing my blogs... and continued to crow from 05:30 until I left my hotel room at 08:00....)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home