The World According to YodaBeesh

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Bye Bye Boracay

I had hoped to sneak away at some point to get some real R&R at Boracay, one of the world's famous beaches. It has long stretches of white sandy beaches, warm blue water, lots of swimming, diving, surfing... one of those castaway type locations where you lounge in a hammock and sip out of a coconut.




Well, it ain't gonna happen on this trip.

Boracay is located in the Visayas, in the Central Philippines. An oil tanker went down off the coast of Panay (the island where Boracay is located.) Oil has reached the shores of Panay though not in the immediate area of Boracay. News reports have discouraged tourists from going into the water :-(

Ugh.

I've been corresponding with a kite surfing school in Boracay, and am waiting to hear about conditions, but I think that the writing is on the wall. Maybe its a sign from above.

Oh well, one less thing to worry about on my to-do list as I'd been up in the air about when/if I'd go to Boracay. Next time...!

In the meanwhile, I'll crunch away on the Internet to find interesting things to do in Cabanatuan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home