The World According to YodaBeesh

Monday, July 18, 2005

Heh heh... Long time no post

I seem to be going on these personal hiatuses (sp?)... Its been a very interesting summer thus far.

First off, I haven't had the tattoo done yet. I have the template but I planned to have it inked after my vacation in Ptown in August. New developments... I ain't going to PT!

UGH... but it gets juicier.

Being the YodaBeesh that I am (and always seeking further enlightenment), I've come to the conclusion (with much facilitation from friends... and self-contemplation with The Force) that I was meant to be a doctor.

Seriously.

SO, I'm taking the MCAT next month and applying for admission to med school for next fall.

Yes. Crazy idea. Par for the course for YB. My favorite quote thus far on my zany idea from KJL: "Well, this is definitely one of your crazier schemes..."

Go watch "The Corporation"... its on DVD. Its a way for you to develop a researched excuse to find disenchantment with your current existence, say "fcuk it all...", and follow your dreams. Granted, this movie wasn't really the sole catalyst for my decision-making.

Anyhow, I have some 30-odd days to cram everything I ever learned from undergrad into my thick skull. I've started making my sacrifices: first, had to cancel my trip with the boys up to PTown. Secondly, I have to postpone my summer reading until after the exam. I've gone through a sh*tload of books thus far... now I'm carrying around these MCAT flash cards that I bought from Borders the other day. Its about as thrilling as memorizing a box of Trivia Pursuit cards ;-)

So the big day is Aug 20.... I'll keep you posted!

YB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home