The World According to YodaBeesh

Monday, April 11, 2005

TIVO ALERT: "30 Days" on FX!

This past year, I saw the coolest documentary: Super Size Me.



Perhaps you've heard about it or seen it, but if not, its a documentary about this guy that goes on a non-stop McDonalds diet (3 meals a day... and super-sized when asked) for 30 days. WOW. It was pretty nasty, and as a result, I stay away from McDonalds french fries (I still have the occasional weakness for a Quarter Pounder or those tasty McNuggets with Hot Mustard sauce....mmmmm).

I digress. The director, Morgan Spurlock (see above picture), is friends with the husband of one of my best friends, AZS, from college. Morgan has created a new series that is premiering on FX called "30 Days". In a statement from FX:


30 Days will place an individual in a different living environment for a month hoping to examine societal differences in America ranging from ethnic to religious to economic. Some examples may include a Christian living as Muslim, a rich person experiencing the environs of poverty, or a prosecuting attorney spending thirty days in jail.

Anyways, AZS' husband, DS, is the West Virginian Christian insurance salesman who lives with a Muslim family and community in Dearborn, MI for 30 Days. I am totally stoked to see DS on the boob-tube as I've been hearing about this project over the past year.

The show is set to premiere on June 15th on FX, and I think that DS' episode will be on June 22nd (all subject to change of course) so make sure to have your TiVO set!!!! I'll be sure to send out gentle reminders to all my faithful Jedi TiVO Knights out there.

If you see the FX teaser commercial for 30 Days, you'll catch a glimpse of DS as he flips off his Muslim family ;-) (Sweet!)

PS, Morgan, if you're reading this, I totally think that you should have won the Oscar. I can definitely identify a lot more with McDonalds than being born into a third world brothel. Best of Luck!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home