The World According to YodaBeesh

Monday, April 11, 2005

YodaBeesh's CountryWatch: Sierra Leone

Sierra Leone is yet another sh*tbox country in West Africa, best known for complete anarchy, lack of a strong central government, and for having crazy-as* rebels running around the country dressed up in wigs and dresses. These same rebels also love to chop off people's limbs with machetes and eat their hearts:


Blood and Guts, street-style!


Go figure. If you've ever heard the term blood diamonds... this is the home of them. Do you remember that episode of The Simpsons when they went to Africa, met Jane Goodall, and discovered that she was running a monkey-slave diamond mine? Well, it is a good metaphor for Sierra Leone's economy. Except, instead of Jane Goodall, think "hired mercenaries". And instead of monkeys, think "children and women". Oh, and it probably isn't quite as funny especially since most of the women and children have their limbs hacked off (see above graphic). Find out more by clicking here for the CIA Factbook on Sierra Leone.

What is my fascination with this backwater sh*thole? Well, I kinda want their government to completely collapse. And why would I want that? So I can buy this:

Its the Embassy of Sierra Leone on the corner of 19th and R St NW in DC. Some may look at it as a diplomatic safe haven for Sierra Leonese that live in the United States. I look at it and think "fixer-upper". I mean, HELLO... they obviously don't have CENTRAL AIR CONDITIONING (note the window AC units). What a poor fcuking country with such PRIME real estate.

And yes, I scaled the rooftops of Dupont to get that picture. I'm keeping the Embassy under careful surveillance. Hopefully their country will become so bankrupt that they will have to sell the property and open up a diplomatic office in SE DC instead. I think that I will pull an "Eric Cartman" and do whatever I can within my YodaBeesh power to topple the country of Sierra Leone in order to acquire their embassy. This will definitely require long-term strategizing.

Anyhow, this is definitely a country to watch! I wish that the Republic of Chad would fall apart as well... they have a nice brownstone across the street from the Starbucks on the corner of Connecticut and R St NW....

3 Comments:

  • You will be directly competing with ME for this property. I play DIRTY, beeyotch.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, April 12, 2005 5:49:00 PM  

  • That's nice, "Anonymous". Bring it on, B-YOTCH! I'll kick your ass so badly with my Yoda-like powers that it will make you wish that you were in a Leonese blood diamond mine instead. Yes, that's how much of a bad-ass I AM.

    By Blogger YodaBeesh, at Tuesday, April 12, 2005 6:05:00 PM  

  • Beesh I am sorry but I refuse to believe that this shitbox country is any worse than the cities I have had the pleasure of visiting lately... Laurel, MS or Wheeling, WV and I mean that from the bottom of my heart!!!
    xoxo,

    Kweenbeesh

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, April 13, 2005 12:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home