The World According to YodaBeesh

Saturday, April 16, 2005

The New Meaning of the iPod: "Please Steal Me"

I saw this on the splash page of WashingtonPost.com and thought to myself, "well its about fcuking time...!"

IPod Devotees Rocked by Thefts (WP)
Victims of Growing Crime In Area Say Loss of Playlist Makes Them Feel Violated

People wear an iPod like it is some kind of bizzare status symbol... On a recent trip to NYC EVERYONE on the street had white earbuds snaking out from their coats to their ears. Its advertising: "Please mug me because I have a $400 piece of equipment on my person..."

I know that personally, I've been tempted many times to beat the crap out of random strangers with the white earplugs to see what all the fuss is about. I HAVE TO roll my eyes when I to go to the gym and see all these Stepford-iPod users marching in unison on the elliptical trainers.




Gimme your fcuking iPod, you goddamn trendy bitch!

YodaBeesh has not caved into the iPod craze for his own personal reasons. I just have issues with getting trapped into proprietary music formats that are not compatible with other players. I digress.

Do yourselves a favor: Get a different set of earplugs, ok? Like, DUH!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home