The World According to YodaBeesh

Saturday, May 14, 2005

AOL-TW effs up again

So get this... yesterday, I receive this "personalized" letter in the mail from TimeWarner's SVP and Chief Security Officer apologizing for losing my personal data. In case you haven't heard, they lost data on over 600,000 past/present employees (this includes our precious SSNs...):

Time Warner Reports Loss of Personal Data on 600,000 Employees (WP 05032005)

Personal disclosure: I used to work for AOL. It was not a pleasant experience for me and led me to pull a "Chappelle" (see previous posting). After years of Jedi training (meds and therapy) I have made a full recovery and moved on with my life. Now this news rips open what was once a well-healed scar. Such is life. I really hope someone isn't using my SSN because that is absolutely the LAST thing that I need.

Anyhow, I thought that I'd share the content of the letter with you. Larry Cockell, the Chief Security Officer, has posted it online at the Time Warner website:

Statement on Lost Data Tapes - Employee Letter TW 05022005

I'm just waiting now to receive mail re. a class action lawsuit against TW (fingers-crossed!). I'd probably wind up getting free lifetime subscriptions to any TW publication...sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home