The World According to YodaBeesh

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Day 21 - A Day in the Provicial Life of YodaBeesh

Things have settled into somewhat of a routine since I've returned with mom. Nothing spectacular to really write about.

Admittedly, life can get boring in the province, so I have some semblance of a routine.

Get up early to screaming puppies. Eat/drink breakfast/coffee prepared by the ya-ya's (our house help.) Read. Fall back asleep. Read some more. Shower. Go out and about (typically the mall to find an internet cafe, have lunch, and run random errands) and then go to the family bookstore. Go home for siesta. Watch a movie/DVD/VCD. Fall asleep again. Wake up for dinner. Read. Go to bed.

I have to purchase my ticket for Boracay. I've made the reservation already, but its odd... not like travelocity or expedia where you can just pay online. I made the reservation directly with the airline, Asian Spirit (http://www.asianspirit.com) and they told me that my payment options are to pay at their office (in Manila... not going to happen as I'm hours away), or pay at the local bank branch... directly deposit into their account and fax them the deposit slip with my confirmation number on it.

Weird, huh?

So I went to the bank today thinking that the process would be quick and painless. I was wrong.

You enter the bank, and one of many heavily-armed guards, typically carrying sawed-off shotguns or sub-machine guns, will hand you a number. You are frisked for a cell phone (cellphones off in the bank!) You wait for your number to come up on the "Now Serving" sign.

The guard gave me #42. It was at #78. I would have to wait for it to reach 100, then it would reset to 01... and you can figure out the rest. The bank was packed and the cashiers were painfully slow.

and yes... make sure to bring your lunch!

F**k that. I left. I couldn't imagine spending an entire day in the bank to make one deposit.

Looks like I will go to the bank very early in the morning (yawn) to get in line early. At least this time I will bring a book with me.

Love,
Ed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home