The World According to YodaBeesh

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

YodaBeesh's Trail of Crumbs through the Philippines

It struck me just yesterday that over the duration of this trip, I've managed to go through a number of items:

  • I fried a 1 4GB USB flash drive. God, I really hope to Sweet Jesus that I backed up all the data on that thing back home...
  • I fried the subsequent 1GB replacement USB flash drive (the current 512MB is hanging on like a champ)... Internet cafe computers don't seem to like USB flash drives.
  • 1 Nokia 6601 flip phone. Purchased as a replacement for use in the Philippines... then I was able to finally unlock my Cingular phone, so I gave the nokia to my mom
  • 1 Fossil wristwatch A diving casualty... claimed to be water-resistant to 100m... I'll have to let Fossil know that this one only made it to 20m.
  • 1 Victorinox wristwatch See above. I expect better of those Swiss... Dad will not be happy as this was a Christmas present. Eek.
  • 1 8 lb 220v -> 110v wattage converter. The equivalent of carrying a brick. I left this in Cabanatuan as I discovered by Week 2 of the trip that my laptop miraculously does NOT need this... Thanks, Brookstone!
  • 1 Victorinox gym bag. Mom grew attached to this in the hospital as I originally intended to loan it to her to pack her things for her discharge.
  • A number of books. (Surviving Schizophrenia; How Soccer Explains The World; Lonely Planet - Philippines; Lonely Planet Unpacked) The majority were left in Cabanatuan as an effort to lighten my load. The latter is on its way to Brunei with a captain in the British Army.
  • Many, many, many VCDs and DVDs. I would bide my time in Cabanatuan by watching VCDs (kinda like DVDs, but on CD-R instead of DVD discs, and only $1USD in the malls.) When I finished with a movie, I'd leave it with my Lola's collection. I'm leaving a bunch of ripped DVDs to the dive shop, especially a bunch of German movies to Christian the Austrian.

That's the toll thus far. The only thing I can guarantee to make its way back to the US is a suitcase full of smelly laundry. I hope TSA has fun sniffing through that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home