The World According to YodaBeesh

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Postcards from Hell II: Laurel, MS

Kind readers, I've received a message from KweenBeesh via carrier pigeon last night from Laurel! Read on!

The Comfort Inn Suites in Laurel, MS.

Dear Yodabeesh,
I am truely touched to see that you paid a tribute to my misery while I am suffering in a shithole city like Laurel, Mississippi. I think come to think of it that place you wrote in your blog a few days ago...gosh what was the name...someplace in the USSR.... Krygystan or someplace or the other was probably a more happening place than Laurel, MS. I knew it was a bad sign when we pulled into our hotel parking lot Monday evening called Comfort Suites, there was a huge neon sign blinking that read, welcome to the comfort zone! LOL. I had my serious doubts. The comfort suites is rated number one in the entire city of Laurel, so I was scared to find out what the other hotels are like here if ours is ranked the best. There's no high speed here or room service at the hotel and to gauge a true measure of the city, when we asked the guy at the front desk if he could recommend any good restaurants in the city to have dinner in, he said oh we don' t have any nice expensive upscale places like Applebees or the Red Lobster here. Didn't know if I should have laughed or cried at that comment. Its pretty pathetic. So we drove about 35 miles to a nearby city called Hattiesburg to eat dinner at Copelands. Highlight of Hattiesburg....well it had a Best Buy right across from Copelands and Copelands had a fully stocked bar which we all went nuts in. That was the only restaurant in the 50 mile radius of Laurel, that serves alcohol so you can imagine how appreciate we were of that. Anyhow, you asked me how the shopping here was, so let me give you an idea. The only 2 stores that I recognized in the entire city of Laurel were Payless Shoes and Walmart, yes I am shocked it has a Walmart!!! The best places to eat here are the Waffle House, Shoney's ( that is very much like Ponderossa which I also refer as Pondergrossa) which I will avoid at all costs and some mexican place. I don't think I trust eating Mexican food in a city where half the guys drive pick up trucks with a confederate flag on the front license plates. I am yet to spot a human being of a hispanic origin in Laurel. We are working in a community health clinic and we have been told that the guy across the street from our clinic owns a pharmacy and is a bigot and doesn't like fat people or black people. Since my co worker is a rather heavy set african american woman, I guess I am shit out of luck! To make things worse, today I came down with a bad cold and now I am doubly miserable, coughing, sneezing and feeling feverish. I think tomorrow we have a tornado warning here. Please pray that I am able to get outta this shithole and make it back safely to da big apple!! Dorothy said it best.....There's no place like home....there's no place like home! I am trying to click my heels hoping I wake up in my bed tomorrow morning! Can't wait to log into AIM and chat with you beesh! I am glad you were able to feel my pain!

Hugs and Kisses,
Kweenbeesh


KweenBeesh, we will continue holding vigil until your return. God Bless.

4 Comments:

  • From your comments, you don't have a clue as to who GOD IS. So don't say God Bless.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, August 21, 2005 2:57:00 AM  

  • okay dude, I dont know what your problem is but being a person born and raised in Laurel, I dont find it all that bad. Its cute, clean, quante...very nice to raise a family in. as for you and your petty childish ways, of course you wouldnt understand the beauty of a place like that. and as for copelands being the only place in a 50 mile radious that serves alcohol...BULLSHIT..yes sir that is right I called BULLSHIT. you can get it at applebees and the resturaunts downtown, which im sure you didnt take your time to view. dude, seriously...make like an osterich because you went down their with your head in the sand thinking it was gonna be the average "redneck town" ....keep your city ass in new york from now on!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, August 30, 2005 6:50:00 PM  

  • You spelled "quaint" wrong. Hope that you're having fun pumping out water from your basement.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, August 30, 2005 8:12:00 PM  

  • I am sorry but Applebees is a dump. I would never consider eating there even if they were giving away food for free!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, August 31, 2005 10:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home